9/21/11

Time to RELAX

Sometimes cool night air is good for more than just horsepower , it's perfect for relaxing . Took a little break from the action to go enjoy Chattanooga this past weekend and it was well worth it. Being a photographer I had to bring along my trusty sidekick...the Nikon , and figured I would try a new shot/edit from the view of the Delta Queen Hotel on the river. The idea was to take a day-time shot then hours later take a night-time shot from the exact same location and then merge the two together in Photoshop. It was a close call on the night-time shot , I had a 30 minute window to catch the correct "time" for the night shot, but night life picks up in Chattanooga quickly, I lost the first long exposure due to a couple walking in front of the camera...no biggie , I set up for it again and see a tug boat coming through , yeah I had to wait a good 15 mins on that one haha . Finally I nailed the shot and packed my gear up anxiously awaiting the my seat on the Texas deck so I could kick back and enjoy the view and the live music playing across the river ,who we didn't find out till a certain song played was...Paul Thorn , you know...the guy that sings "It's a great day to whoop some body's %&*" yeah....it was all awesome !
Anyhow... below is the highly edited shot and below that one is the night-time shot in whole that I cropped in a panorama.





View these shots in my portfolio, which displays them better & LARGER . Below link...
http://www.ColePhoto.net/nature

No comments: